Sunday, February 22, 2009

Beautiful Brownies

Troop 46 did so well on cookies sales that they earned an extra special day out. The local beauty school gave all the girls a make-over. This is the nicest beauty school I've ever been in, very classy, glass and chromes feel. Not at all what I'd expected. Each girl got their own beautician, who did hair, make-up, and nails. It was such an awesome day for the eight-year-olds. I chatted up the beauticians about whether grown-ups could do this. One young punk, er, lady answered, "We've never had any as old as you. Maybe 13/14 year olds." What? Old as me?!!! Grrr! Granny should just spank you right now, whipper snapper.



Anyway -- Claire went for the dramatic updo and full blown make-up. Paige got a softer, curly do and some sparkles. Very cute. Each girl just gleamed over the McDonald's happy meal after all the make-overs.


Beauty school makeover: $16
McDonald's happy meal: $4
Giving your little sister a make-over: priceless
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Nicki said...

I cannot imagine how much fun your girls must have had. That must have been awesome.

That picture of Ava definitely is priceless. I about fell off my chair laughing when I saw it.