Monday, February 16, 2009

Ava's Room - week 3

O.k. It is now pink, and we have a closet door up. My family was up this weekend, so we worked them like borrowed mules. Dad and Brant did all the hard stuff. Becca and I painted Ava's room and the hall. Mom and Sarah just kept the masses out (maybe the harder job). It's coming along nicely. The pink is not too pinky and will look better when all the other elements are added: curtains, bed, trim, etc. We decided to keep all the trim dark. This is a different move for me, usually I paint it all cream, but the entire house has dark trim. Since the house bleeds all into each other (very open), I'm just overwhelmed at the thought of painting it all.
Here are my shelves. No trim is up yet, but aren't they going to be lovely. Big baskets full of stuffed animals on the bottom. Books and board games on the middle. Quilts piled up on the top. Can't wait for all the little finishing touches to be set in place.

Still cold here -- and unlike all of our Illinois friends, we had school on President's Day. To make up for snow days, they are taking away two of our three day weekends. We only had two, and they are taking them away. So sad.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Nicki said...

I'll bet that Ava is just loving that room! That's a good shade of pink you guys chose.

I'm a little jealous of your new shelves. They look nice and sturdy to hold lots and lots of treasures.

I can't believe they took away days off! That's crazy! When is school scheduled to get out now?