Monday, March 29, 2010

What I did on my spring break. . .

Well, at least the good parts of what I did on my spring break. I left out the huge laundry room project because it's ugly and is going to take over a month to get finished. Unless you really know construction, you would be scared by it, but since we seem to live in a constant state of construction, I'm immune. Brant's dad and mom came up and gave us a huge hand getting a start on this project. I'm so grateful and can't wait to have a real laundry room soon. The one draw back to this house is that you have to go out into the garage to do laundry. Yuck. But someday (hopefully not to far off) I'll be able to jot right in off the half bath to do laundry. Yeah!

The kids had spring break off all week, and the weather was great for most of it. We've been practicing up for softball and t-ball. Paige seems to really enjoy this sport. However, I'm afraid she might bite her tongue off from over-concentration.



We took a quick trip over to see a few Lincoln sites with my Dad. The kids were fascinated with Abraham Lincoln after studying him during President's Day. They couldn't believe you could actually go to his house. Brant and I were so used to it being in our backyard growing up that we forgot that is kind of impressive. The kid's liked the house the best, the tomb was too somber. It still makes them very sad that his three sons died so young.



We stalked one of Grandad's cows for a day waiting for it to calf, but we missed the window and it hid it's calf away. We missed the birth and couldn't even see the baby. Did you know mama cows hid the calves for a few days? I think that's sort of funny how protective they get. The kids were disappointed, but still loved naming all of the cows. I try not to burst their bubble by telling them the cows' real names are "Hamburger" and "Steak".
Posted by Picasa

No comments: