Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Home Tour -- Birdy's Room

So, let me remind you again, when we move, the kids are allowed to choose their own paint. Ava is in love with Pinkalicious. She wanted a pink room, with pink everything, and flowers. My mom found the pink bedspread at a yard sale. I brought home paint chips in that shade of pink, but my Little Bird was drawn to the bottom of the chip every time. No matter how I would persuade, she kept circling the same pinkalicious pink. It does give her great joy, and every little girl that comes over to play is seethingly jealous that Ava's mom allowed her to go that pink. (Note Holly's place of prominence while Ava is away at kindergarten.)
The other thing about Ava is that she is a collector. I try not to let this bother me, but on her beautiful yellow dresser she's crammed multiple collections: a soup can holding bottle caps, a glass jar full of rocks, a box full of shells, a bag full of marbles, and a jar full of feathers. I started a blue bird collection for her, but it's hidden by all of her , umm, crap.

Ava, our odd baby, is also the only kid that requires some alone time. She has a little table in her room with art supplies and a tea set. If we can't find her, usually she's upstairs with Holly having a tea party and creating some kind of art. She's unique, but we love her.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

janew said...

Ava reminds me of a little girl I used to know. She was very content to play dolls by herself while the rest of us destroyed the house :)