Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Free Fix

BEFORE: A pile of castoffs. The table was a gift to my parents when they got married. The mirror was a housewarming present in our first house. There are also some spoons in this pile that were in my grandma's trash. All of this worked together to solve a huge lack of closets in my house.








AFTER: It all pulls together to create a launch pad for coats, backpacks, and shoes. Also, that awesome, red basket was a trash salvage. This whole thing cost me $0. Zero. Zip. The paint was even a leftover from other projects. Three hours of my time and this. I'm so happy to have a place to hang coats, because up until now they've been thrown on the floor in the front. Little things like this are helping me this house our home.

Have a great week and stay warm. Brant had me in full giggles saying, "It's colder than a well-digger's butt out there." The kids laughed not because they got the expression, but because Dad had said "butt". That's rough language around here.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: