Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Ava's Construction Site

Well, it's still cold (so cold) and snowy out. The holidays are over. Brant skipped another semester of college. The Bears' football season has ended. Nothing is holding us back from a few projects that kept being put off. Ava and Ike a sharing a room right now, which is fun when you're five, but. . . We are turning what used to be a den into Ava's room, right next door to Ike.

Brant got the walls framed up on Saturday with Ike and Ava helping. Paige, Claire, and I had an all day Brownie Webkinz event. By the end of the day, I think I would have much rather been in construction world. Supposedly, all went well, Isaak was in heaven "helping" build and hold and marking anything that would hold still with his carpenter's pencil. Ava mostly danced about singing; I guess her role was more moral support.

According to Ava the room will be about 100 different colors all striped on the wall. According to mom, the painter, we need to narrow it down to one. Leaning toward pink, which is just what every five-year-old girl would pick. Now the shade of pink that Ava wants, and I want differ. See her shirt in this picture --- hmmm, I just don't know if that will work on a whole room. Maybe I can talk her into dots or stripes. We'll have to wait and see what we can compromise on.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

saskew said...

Love the blog. Helps me keep up with your family. Ava reminds me of Grammy as a child.
Love,
Aunt Sue