Monday, April 26, 2010

A Walk in the Woods

We've had about five days of rain, which is the way spring should be, but yuck. Finally today, it cleared up so we could go outside a play a bit. Ava, Ike, and I went for a walk on our trail. The kids both found great "show and tell" items.

Ava found a robin egg blown out of the nest after the storms we suffered yesterday. It landed in a pile of ferns, so it was undamaged. Not even a scratch.





Isaak found the greatest treasure of all -- a morel mushroom. All this rain has brought out a few. I'm hoping to go out later without all the happy, stompy helpers and see if I can find a few more. Mushrooming is a hunting I can get into. There's no weapons or need to be quiet.










I'm dreaming of a big pan of these with some butter -- yum!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: