Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Before and After -- stairs

Here was the first thing you saw when you walked in our front door. Yuck, right? We'd had the carpet professionally cleaned, but the fibers were so beat down, they just looked dirty all the time. Also, the carpet was pulling away from the stairs and had become a tripping hazard.
This is the middle phase. This is where it got scary. Tons of small work. Pulling up staples and boards. Disposing of all the junk and dirt. Also we had four little pairs of feet that kept running through our work zone. Good times, good times.
Ta-da! I love it! It's so much lighter and brighter. For not a ton of money, we attained a huge wow factor. Now our entry way looks so much cheerier. Even though it still needs a few more coats of poly, I love my new stairs. Big thanks to the hubby for doing all the labor, so I could pretty up with the paint, stain, and poly.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

LOVE IT! LOOKS awesome! The hard work paid off. You would be proud of us....we stained the deck and redid the top of the pergola this past weekend. Looks much better.

How is the laundry project going?
JEN

Brant said...

The laundry room is coming along. I hung the wallpaper today. I know, wallpaper?! But, it's awesome, and I'll have to post pics. The whole softball/t-ball/coaching business is upon us. Helm's Deep "and so it begins" keeps ringing through my brain. Yikes.