Thursday, March 26, 2009

Dot Night

I keep forgetting to tell everyone about Awana. It's a a kid's Christian club that meets on Wednesday night at our church. It makes me think of having a weekly Vacation Bible School. There is always something crazy going on. This Wednesday was dot night. For every verse the kids could recite in book time, they could place a dot on the teacher's face. My rule was anywhere but the glasses. This was a crazy, good idea -- the kids have never worked so hard at memorizing their bible verses. I help with the K to 2nd graders. Brant helps with the gym and a bit with the older boys (they use his muscle threat in that room sometimes). I had somewhere near ten dots on my face, but after a few rounds of dodgeball and some relay races they fell off. Wednesdays always are a boost, just being silly for Jesus.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: