Monday, March 9, 2009

Another Year for Me. Twelve for Me and Brant.

The day Brant and I got married it was the most perfect, dreamy weather. Sixty-five, sunny, just lovely. Every year since that day, the weather is full-on yucky. This year for my birthday, God delivered a sleet/snow slurry for the first half of the day, plus temperatures no higher than thirty. Oh well, I try not to take this weather on my birthday/anniversary personal, since God has pulled through on so many other parts of my life since that day twelve years ago.

All in all a great weekend. New jeans and khakis, which were much needed. I just haven't bought clothes since I had Ike and Ava. I keep hoping to go down a size, but, hmmm, well, that would require giving up so many things I love. Dinner out on Saturday and on Sunday (once for birthday and once for anniversary). Poor Brant had planned a surprise lunch after church on Sunday. So we braved the aformentioned weather to drive 15 miles to a hole in the wall that . . . surprise. . . is closed on Sunday. After a couple of giggles, we drove back through the freezy, cruddy yuck to have pizza at Godfather's. Got to admire a fellow who tries to be romantic, even if it doesn't work in his favor.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: