Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Labor Day Weekend

Another long weekend, another project. We beefed up the firepit with some scavenged stones. It's more of a pit now. A bit safer than the push-your-sibling-straight-into-the-burnpile that we had before. I loved this project because it was free. That is number one on the scale of project love for me. Wow-factor for free!
While Brant and I worked on the pit, the kids made an "Indian village" on the back part of the trail. It's pretty well established for being created by 9 and 6-year-olds. *Note the fire pit that my little peas thought they would actually get to burn. I mean, they really envisioned burning that with all their neighbor buddies. I laughed so hard I almost peed. Really, ten small children and an open blaze? Really?! Still a great little set-up complete with cinder block benches, pallet shelf, and tarp tent. Genius.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: