Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Farm Fun

While Brant was in Haiti, we stayed with my parents for a few days. The kids love the farm. I think they would love to do more, but I've tried to explain that farm work is usually dangerous. Dad showed the kids some of his new additions. This poor, little guy was kind of a runt and had been bottle-fed, which meant he was fine with kids swarming around him. He was drawn to people in blue jeans, because blue jeans had meant dinner for a while. He was a sweet, patient fellow, but his mom gave the warning "moo" and we had to move on.

Besides baby cows, we went to play in the river. Always fun and dirty. I still have buckets of sand in the van carpet. We tried to pick blackberries, but had a misadventure and a poison ivy scare.

Also met a very, nice man who let my kids swim at his hotel for free. Don't worry. He was there to see my sister. It was a really great time with my brother and sister and neice and nephews. The kids are fascinated by their older cousins. They don't really know very many teenagers, so their strange habits are curious to my little peas.

The only blight to the weekend (besides no hubby) was that both my mom and dad weren't feeling well. They were sports about my troop rambling about, but I think the peace after we left was welcome.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: