Friday, June 4, 2010

Batter Up!

I've enjoyed this softball season. The girls are learning so much from being bumped up into an older league. They are the smallest girls on their team. Funny to ever imagine any of the Hamby children being the smallest, but here they are playing with 4th and 5th graders whole heads taller than them.

I love how each of my girls has their own batting stance. Paige is so lackadaisical at bat. But when she finally cracks it, she's off like a bullet to first. She runs full steam to the bag, and grins widely when she gets there. I think it's relief. Getting to first is the hardest part.

Claire has such a pretty swing. It's graceful. She is poised for action and uses her whole body, head to toe, to hit the ball. She can crack it, but her run is sort of a fairy float. To me, when Claire runs, it's like she is trying not to mess up her cute visor or her pretty, pink cleats. Hmmmm, I wonder where she got that from?
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

CUTE! I bet they are great in action!