Friday, May 8, 2009

The Unknown

O.k. Well, it's been around a month since I posted, but seriously people, we are living in the unknown around here. First Brant was supposed to be transferred to Decatur. Fine, good, let's go. THEN, we were informed that they weren't sure where they were going to put us. It's been a whole series of corporate, cloak-and-dagger, runaround. Every two weeks, Brant is told, "We should know in two weeks". What? Really, his job here is done. He's beginning to feel some guilt about getting paid for no work. I'm to the point of "I will worry when I'm told to" -- a.k.a. "I will worry when they inform us you have no job." I don't really think that's the situation -- I think they are waiting on some retirements and other shuffling to settle. Ahhh -- corporate rumors. Good news though, my anxiety has totally kept Ben & Jerry's from suffering a financial hit. : )

Other bummer -- my computer is not reading any outside sources. No camera card, MP3, nothing. Very annoying. If any of my techy friends know the cause of this, please post a comment with the solution. We've tried all of our low knowledge skills (cleaning, gently kicking, staring evily). I might have to resort to paying someone. I still suffer the loss of my two techno neighbors.

That's the news from Mayberry. Maybe in "two weeks" I'll be able to post more info on where we'll be this summer.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Barry said NO ideas on the computer!

Bummer on the UNKNOWN!!!!!!!! Double bummer. Hang in there. All in God's timing and unique plan for your family.