Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Like a Bad Penny

So, like a bad penny, we are returning to Illinois. Tate & Lyle is transferring Brant back to the commodities department in Decatur. We are not sure exactly of the timing of it all right now. Hoping to finish out the school year, since there are only seven weeks left. Brant may have to go on without us if worse comes to worst. I am thankful that Brant still has a job. That was our prayer priority, but. . .moving again after less than a year is not savory.

I'm having a huge stew pot of emotions over this. First, it will be great to be back near family we haven't seen this year. Second, I do miss being near conveniences and, um, culture. HOWEVER, this is such an awesome place to raise a family. They still have potlucks and church picnics. Neighborhoods have block parties. No one cares what they wear as long as you are decent. It's such a slow pace of living. Things that are really important push to the forefront in Humboldt: family, church, friends, community. *sigh* As much as I poke fun at our little Mayberry, I'm so going to miss my Aunt Bea way of life.

1 comment:

Nicki said...

And just when you get that last bedroom done! I can't say I'm too sad about the news, Michael was just lamenting this week that he wishes you guys still lived across the street. We've really missed you guys.