Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Big Bike Riders



Such a blogger slacker, but I think I am getting the hang of it. This huge event happened weeks ago, but I forgot to show off. Ike and Ava are now training wheel free. Wooo-hooo! Bike rides are so much easier now without the stupid, creaking trainers. Isaak has not wanted to ride his bike all summer, but one Sunday after church he said he wanted the trainers off. We humored him, preparing for failure. No kidding, he picked up the bike and took off. This of course encouraged Ava-never-to-be-outdone Hamby to then get her trainers off. Very exciting that all four are now more mobile. In this little town, you could seriously ride your bike everywhere you need to go -- post office, library, pool, school, church. Everything is within a three mile radius of our house. Even the coffee shop is about a five minute bike ride. Gotta' save that gas somehow.

1 comment:

Nicki said...

Yay Ava and Ike!! I love being training wheel free... I just wish I could actually ride my bike and enjoy it. Of course, there's always next year and the next...but then we're back to training wheels :(

Have I mentioned that we miss you guys?